Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Praise the Name of Jesus


Lord, we praise Thee.                                 
Praise is the devil's death knell.  “God Calling” May 30th



 We signed up for one of those deals where you get it for so many weeks for free, then when you forget to cancel it, you have to pay. We had one of those little screens, separate from the phone and it was on my bedside table. It looked something like this:

This was at our old house in Warner Robins before Lydia was born. Claire was little and  it was around the same time that I was leading a "Weigh Down Workshop" in our home. This was a Christian weight loss seminar that went wrong. The lady who heads it, Gwen Shamblin turned it into to an aberrant "Christian" cult.

Back then she (Gwen Shamblin) had not turned it into a cult yet and her "ministry" was bearing much good fruit, people were losing weight and being set free from addictions etc. I had had a couple of women who came to my house every week to watch her videos. Like so many other Bible teachers and preachers she likened our "journey" to freedom to the Israelite's journey through the desert to the Promised Land in the Bible. Two years in a row I even went to her conference in Nashville, Tenn!


We had started looking for a new house also, at that time. This was before Bob decided to build a house.So in the midst of my busy, busy life (homeschooling 4 kids etc)- one night I had a dream; Bob and I were walking through a house and we were "driving the demons out of it". As we walked through the house, we sang,
Praise the name of Jesus
Praise the name of Jesus
He's my rock, He's my fortress
He's my deliverer
In Him will I trust....
Praise the name of Jesus
I looked out the window and all I saw was sand...... Then I awoke to the phone ringing...Bob was in the kitchen getting ready to go into work, so he answered it. I called to him and asked, "Who was that?" He replied, "Wrong number....they asked for Brother Smith"

It was one of those times, again, that I knew what the dream meant immediately. Your "house" often represents your body- the sand was the desert and lets just say we all battle our own "demons"- right? I felt that God was saying I would get victory/freedom/deliverance from my bondages from praising Him.

There are many places in the Bible where God's people win battles by simply obeying and praising God. Moses and the people escape from the Egyptians (Exodus 14-15) Joshua brought down the walls of Jericho. (Joshua 6) Gideon defeated the Midianites. (Judges 7). Once we had a cat I named Jehoshaphat (We did call him "Josh" for short though). I named him that because of the story in 2 Chronicles 20: Jehoshaphat King of Judah is told, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Hazazon Tamar” (verse 2)Jehoshaphat prays to God: "......For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You." (Verse 12)

And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, worshiping the Lord Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high. 2 Chronicles 20:18-19
  
Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.” And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:
“Praise the Lord, For His mercy endures forever.”
 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. 2 Chronicles 20: 20-22


From "Christian thoughts and speaking" (A Facebook page):
Remember, a sacrifice of praise is when it costs you something, when you don’t necessarily feel like doing it. Praise Him, not because of how you feel, but because He is worthy. Praise Him in your midnight hour and get ready to embrace the freedom He has planned for you...
From; “I am a Woman of God” (Another Facebook page)
These are the 3 important things; the secret so you can do what Moses has commanded to God’s people. Yes you need these three important weapons to overcome the impossible.
• PRAYER
• POWER OF GOD and HIS WORD
• PRAISE AND WORSHIP

Start your day and end your day with these weapons and you will find that the impossible for man is absolutely possible in Christ!

And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation (deliverance) of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."-Exodus 14:13-14
And I lifted my groggy head and looked at the Caller ID. I thought I was still dreaming, for it said: DELIVERANCE TABERNACLE.
The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him. Exodus 15:2

I will lift up the cup of salvation and deliverance and call upon the name of the Lord. Psalm 116:13

I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3 


Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones, And give thanks to His holy name.---Psalm 30:4  

Seven times a day I praise you  for your righteous laws.  Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.  Psalm 119:164-165


Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,  and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11 

It wasn't until we moved to Byron and had to go over to the North side of Warner Robins that I discovered exactly where "Deliverance Tabernacle" is because we would pass it on our way to North Davis Drive. It's on Elberta Road. Today (November 22, 2013) Bob called me to bring my sequoia to a tire place he was at on N Davis, so I drove by it and I saw this sign!



Are you in a battle? Or going through a storm? 
Why not try praising the name of Jesus?  See:
Video Bible Study: Storms Part 1

Here I am playing it on my flute

 Here's that song in song! I love it!
Raise The Banner 20:17- Audio Adrenalin



No comments:

Post a Comment